In the modern world, every entrepreneur has heard about eCommerce Facebook advertising. It allows you reach target audience in multiple ways. It can attract traffic to a page, boost sales, build brand awareness. You can easily get millions of likes, new customers, or followers. Social media ads algorithms are tangled sometimes, so many people can’t clarify how exactly it works. Different advertising from different brands needs certain types of eCommerce. More, target Facebook advertising should be adjusted to the audience who will see it. This system is very tangled sometimes, so many people get lost when they start using it. So, how should you implement eCommerce on Facebook correctly? In this article, we answer this question and give valuable insights into how Facebook works.
What are Facebook eCommerce?
Facebook Advertising is a project of Facebook for Business that helps pages grow through integrating advertising into the target audience’s feed list. It has many opportunities for reaching clients:
- Personalize eCommerce
This type of eCommerce allows showing people a product or service depending on their interests, even if they have never opened a site or heard about a brand. It is great both for big firms as well as the smaller ones. This type of advertising helps attracting new people to the website. Usually, the advertising itself should be catchy, attention-grabbing, attractive for target customers.
- Retarget clients
Facebook eCommerce allow showing products or services for people who have already seen them on website, app, Facebook page, or any place on the Net. Create a product catalog, have means of collection of customer’s data, and spend some time creating a campaign. This type of eCommerce allows synchronizing the ad with a catalog and ensuring that it offers the newest goods for the best price.
- Initiate sales
You can boost sales by showing the buyers all the goods that they have seen but haven’t purchased. It reminds them about a product and goes along with the interests of clients. It also increases brand awareness and guides the customers through the purchase.
Who Can Use eCommerce Facebook Tools?
Today, new brands, products, services appear in thousands, so the chance of target audience discovering your brand is low. Thus, you pay for Facebook page advertising to be noticed. Still, which types of companies have the best benefits? Everyone can create an advertising campaign that will help increase sales. Still, for every business, the type of advertising, its goals, as well as appearance will vary greatly.
Imagine two brands of women’s sportswear. The first of them will aim at brightness, stylish looks, unique prints. It may choose Facebook dynamic ads to showcase their products, look attractive and advertise to people who are interested in sports and fashion. Another sportswear brand will aim at comfort along with eco-friendliness. This product will have a different type of advertising for a different audience with unique values. Every company can launch a successful campaign and receive profit if they know their target audience and can choose types of eCommerce accordingly.
Launch Social Media Marketing in 6 Easy Steps
- Prepare Your Page, App, or Website for Advertising
Before setting Facebook Ads, make sure that a product page looks good for the target customers. This may include product photos, color choices, copywriting, etc. If the customers find the page unattractive, they won’t buy from you.
- Choose Your eCommerce Audience
This is the most essential step. Ad campaign will be successful only if you show eCommerce the right people. Think about their place of living like countries, cities, even neighborhoods. Analyze their age, jobs, education, interests.
- Choose Platform
Did you know that you can use social media advertising not only on Facebook but also on Audience Network, Messenger, Instagram? Choose a place due to marketing goals. If you hesitate, Ads Manager can help you by automatically detecting the best places for advertising.
- Decide on Budget
You can choose how much you spend for a day of advertising or set a budget for a certain period. Facebook won’t go over budget or spend extra costs.
- Pick an eCommerce Format
You can choose multiple formats like images, video, or all of the above. Facebook may help you by giving hints on the best-fitting format for all available social media platforms.
- Launch & Analyze An Ad
After you launch an ad, Facebook starts showing ad sets for target audience. Ads Manager then allows looking at conversion of eCommerce and alter them according to the results.
How to Decide on Format of Your Facebook eCommerce
Today, Facebook allows showing ads in multiple formats like photos, videos, stories, Messenger eCommerce, collection, slideshow, carousel, playable. They are intuitively understood, but each of them is good for different purposes.
- Carousel. They allow showing from 3 or 5 images plus call to action, link, or headline. Such eCommerce is extremely attention-grabbing. Also, you can use carousel ads for storytelling. You can reach current or lookalike audience. Share brand message and engage with customers or give a product tour even before customers try it.
- Photo. They are simple and effective. If are new in Facebook advertising, start using them before anything else. Image advertising should be attention-grabbing for creating maximum conversion for advertising campaign. They are good for a feed list or stories.
- Video. This social media advertising type can feature in newsfeed, stories, in-stream eCommerce in longer videos. Ultimate rule for videos is making customer interested quickly. The first few seconds should tell them what product is about or interest them enough to watch an ad until the end without putting phone away. Remember that you can also use GIF graphics or simple animation for storytelling.
- Poll. They increase brand and product awareness even more than videos. They usually incorporate an image and a simple interactive poll.
- Slideshow. They are effective for telling a story and immersing customers into brand’s feel and look. They work even for slower Internet connections, so they are more beneficial than videos or carousel ads.
- Collection. They are great for online shops that showcase five or less products in clickable eCommerce. Use them for leading customers to site or Messenger conversations.
- Messenger. This profitable type of eCommerce gives access to more than 1.3 billion people who use Messenger. Sometimes, people do not browse Facebook feed and only speak with their family and friends through Messenger.
- Stories. They have vertical video format and prove very effective. Stories can be integrated as Facebook or Instagram ads. People watch Stories, relax, and unwind, so an interesting, engaging ad will be successful.
- Playable. It’s a must-have if you advertise a game. It gets your customers interested in the game and lead to many downloads.
- Augmented Reality. This eCommerce type uses animation or filters that alter appearance. People will click buttons and interact with your brand. Such eCommerce types are engaging and encourage people to try them.
- Lead. People reluctantly give their contact data even if they are interested in a product. Many people don’t like typing a lot, so lead ads are great for acquiring newsletter subscribers, sign people up for a free trial, etc.
- Dynamic. These Facebook tools help showcasing your product directly in the feed list of your target people. They can browse through multiple options, see assortment, and choose an item. It is a great means of showing an actual product and seeing if it’s attractive for target people.
4 Steps to Implement Facebook Product Ads
Such ads as carousels, dynamic ads, lead ads, and some others require certain additional tools and actions. In most cases, they will need a catalog.
Step 1. Create a Business Manager Account. We recommend using your Facebook username and password to sign in because it is safer than just adding an email. Mind that when you join, your coworkers won’t see details of your profile until you add them. They will only see your name, work email, and synchronized accounts.
Step 2. Make sure that you have a product catalog that has all necessary positions in it. Choose only those which you plan to advertise. Create groups of goods or services inside of catalog which can be advertised differently. Before using Facebook Dynamic product ads, join Facebook Ads, Business Manager, and assign your catalog to your business. For creating a catalog, visit Products section of Facebook and click Create Catalog, after which add all the items.
Tip: You can also select eCommerce Platform if you already have a catalog instead of typing in the details of each product.
Step 3. Install Facebook Pixel. This analytical tool helps measuring how effective is your advertising. It can show statistics of your website and see which actions people take when they visit your page. You can find target customers, analyze their data, and show them goods they’re interested in. Evaluate efficacy of your ad creatives by looking at statistics.
Step 4. Connect your catalog to your App SDK or Facebook Pixel. This is necessary for creation dynamic eCommerce types by showing items from your catalog and can analyze them through SDK or Pixel data.
Choose Your Ad Objectives Wisely
Before choosing goals, think about what exactly you want from this very ad. If you have already created an ad text, image, or video, think which influence it is going to make on viewers.
Notice My Brand. To increase your brand recognition, choose Page Post Engagement objective along with Brand Awareness and Video Views.
Reach my Customers. After choosing your target audience, use Reach objective and show advertising to maximum number of people in a certain area.
Increase Traffic for my Site or App. This is easy using eCommerce Traffic goals. It will encourage people to start messaging, visit your app, or site. Combine this objective with link ads, see great results, and encourage your customers to take valuable action.
My Sales Depend on Message Conversations. In this case, use Messages goals. This way, people will interact through Messages, which allows using conversation scripts and converting ads to sales easily. Also, Messages objectives collect leads better if an ad encourages messaging.
I Want More Followers. This is essential for spheres where customers need to think over their purchase and wait some time before buying. Choose Lead Generation objective and make your page more interesting to target subscribers.
My Product Looks Best on Video. A video that goes viral is priceless for eCommerce campaign. Video Views objectives will help if you have a great engaging video for your customers.
Where I Can Place My Facebook Ads for eCommerce?
People react to eCommerce differently depending on their placement. Choose placement automatically and let Facebook decide. There are plenty of options available, so feature in Feeds, Stories, In-stream videos, Search results, Messenger, in articles, or apps. An algorithm can make correct guesses, but if you decided to choose by yourself, there are some valuable tips.
For Awareness Campaign
If you want your brand to be noticed, any placement is okay as long as you show your eCommerce frequently. Smaller audiences with high daily budgets will work perfectly for a narrow niche. If you are more reach-oriented, advertise to more people, even if it’s less often.
For Consideration Campaign
It has many aspects depending on your objectives:
- Traffic & engagement. Each time, mind your content only. Alternatively, optimize placement of your eCommerce.
- App installs. Here, target only mobile devices. Audiences don’t play a great role here unless you are one hundred percent sure of it.
- Video views. Any placement but Messenger will be fine. Automatic placements or test groups will also be a great choice.
- Lead generation. Do not include an audience network when you optimize an ad. Pay close attention to newsfeed placement because that’s where people will click on a site.
- Messages. Only messenger placement will fit.
For Conversion campaign
Here, different types of objectives also play a great role.
- Conversions. Exclude audience network or Instagram ads. Still, use the latter for people who prefer this network over the others.
- Product Catalog. Break out placements, set automatic ones for different groups to check conversion.
- Store visits. Setting reviewed automatic placement is the best option.
Why You Need to Retarget Right Now
Many people who advertise for Facebook or other social network lose opportunities when they don’t implement retargeting. This is a tool that helps to remind target audience about yourself. If people visited an app, website, Facebook page, or messaged you, retargeting Facebook product ads will show them a product or service. This will increase conversion and personalize every order. Also, it will help to build brand loyalty by showing new product to loyal customers. It works for multiple products and platforms, so people who have visited a site will see an ad in their Facebook feed, Messenger, or other places. You can also specify retargeting list to reach a certain group of customers for the best result.
Use Analytic Facebook Ads Tools
When we launch eCommerce campaigns, an ad can be both successful and unsuccessful. How to find this out? Certain analytic tools such as Facebook Pixel which helps API marketing. It shows how people behave on site, which actions they perform, how they interact with your product. When somebody visits your site and does certain action, Facebook Pixel remembers that for your further use. Even if client didn’t purchase, you can reach them by showing them browsed items, which increases probability of sales. Pixel is a learning tool, so it makes more exact predictions and creates more advanced audiences with time. It needs to track and register all activity from the site to collect more information and create better audiences.
Pixel can create audiences based on what they do on your site. Also, it can analyze your customer database and create lookalike audiences. Advertising to them will bring great results and high sales. Facebook Pixel can also measure conversion of specific ads, say how many times people browsed it, clicked on it, or resulted in messages or sales. This tool is widely used for retargeting because it optimizes audiences, creates them.
Use eCommerce Facebook Tools for Sales Boost
Today, Web-based advertising brings sales as well as popularity to many brands around the world. If you aren’t using Facebook ad campaigns, we strongly recommend you to start now. This is an extensive tool that helps you advertise in many formats to many audiences that encourages them to do certain actions. People can follow you, buy, or remember brand. Analytical tools like Facebook Pixel or SDK will help you to show statistics, alter eCommerce, understand audience, their demographics, interests, behavior.